Root is hiring a Director of Operations.
About Our Team
Root Functional Medicine is a fast-paced, growth focused digital health startup company with a supportive and collaborative culture. We look for high energy, personable, and driven individuals. A Root team member supports our mission to bring sustainable & validated functional medicine to the world.
Director of Operations
Root is hiring a Director of Operations to focus on the company’s most important business priorities and drive them forward. The Director will ensure the smooth operations of the organization, including establishing company-wide OKRs and cross-department projects that result in achieving growth, exceptional member experience, positive vendor relationships, and marketing targets. This role will work closely with all teams across our company, including Enterprise Sales, Marketing, Clinical, Engineering, Finance, and People to create strategies and systems that enhance productivity and company performance. The role requires solid experience in scaling a tech startup, including running operations. This role reports directly to our CEO. The primary goal of the Director of Operations is to plan, execute, oversee and drive smooth, well-informed internal operations, including owning the OKR process, cross team communication, and company-wide accountability and ownership.
Hours: Full-Time, Salaried Position
Location: Hybrid Remote and In-person in Grand Rapids, MI
What You’ll Do:
- Goal setting: Lead the company’s quarterly and annual planning cycles to set OKRs; effectively communicate direction for the company; partner with CEO to develop and enhance other company systems and guidelines for better communication, alignment, and empowerment.
- Business Intelligence and Growth: Own the business intelligence roadmap. Own dashboards, and ensure the company’s weekly dashboards are up-to-date, that new analyses are completed and resulting insights are shared; lead the effort to inform decision-making, that decisions are made and documented, and that all team members are aligned and taking accountability for their role in executing the work.
- Clinical Operations and Member Experience: Partner with Member Experience team, Growth team, Tech team, and Clinical leadership to enhance and operationalize a refined and highly-efficient care delivery model that results in positive health outcomes, strong member retention, corporate member engagement, and margin targets. Ensure timely progress on projects; monitor projects by running analysis, reporting on results, sharing insights and developing action plans for necessary updates .
- Tech Operations: Partner with the Founding Engineering team to ensure business support to meet timelines and execute our digital health product.
- Enhance productivity of all team members
- OKR setting, execution and reporting; data dashboard/accountability charting with weekly metrics
- Financial reporting and metrics
- Execute Digital Product Timeline; Provide operational support for Tech team
- Business operations: Oversee payroll, business licensing, and state medical licensing needs
- Partner with fractional HR for business and people needs
- Oversee marketing spend and margins
- Enterprise Sales Strategy and Targets, Partner with Sales team
- Oversee supplement inventory management
- Facilitate vendor relationships and issues
What You’ll Need:
- Passion for changing the health care delivery model to a Functional or Root Cause Medicine model
- At least 5 years of work experience in a mixture of sales, operations, and strategic roles; startup experience is key
- Successful track record driving change and outcomes cross-functionally through both influential leadership and data-driven insights
- Experience managing OKRs across a business with various streams of revenue ( DTC & B2B)
- Experience steering a team to operationalize and realize business outcomes
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with financial reporting
- Exceptional structured thinking and organization skills for yourself, and broader team process building skills that balance effort with return
- Bias for action and sense of urgency - you will help the company’s executive team make choices and move faster
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort operating in ambiguity and comfort with expedited change for improvement and growth
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology
- Scale-up Healthtech experience
- Familiarity with EOS
- MBA degree
- Employer subsidized Medical + Dental insurance options
- Generous 4 weeks of PTO & paid holidays
- 401K with employer matching
- Annual professional development stipend
- Discount on applicable products within the Root store
- Root Membership: Access to Root’s platform, clinicians, functional medicine lab testing, educational resources, online courses and more!